Indulgence… charming bed and breakfast, Westport
Setting the standard in New Zealand bed and breakfast accommodation
Character New Zealand bed and breakfast accomodation at its best. Archer House is without doubt the most delightful b&b Westport has to offer. It was built in 1890 as the ‘Home of Westport’ for a prosperous grocer Robert Taylor. It was purchased in 1947 by the Roman Catholic convent and occupied by the Sisters of Mercy until 1981. The Sisters sold the home to Paul Archer and he has superbly renovated the home to a b&b, sympathetically enhancing the original features to be one of the more notable bed/breakfast New Zealand has on offer.
Archer House is now a large (1000m²) Category 1 NZ Heritage Home with outstanding significance to the West Coast. This amazing New Zealand bed and breakfast features leadlighting masterpieces, fireplaces and antique furniture. The house is run by friendly hosts Jackie and Charles Bruning.
CLICK ON THE IMAGES ABOVE TO ENLARGE
Archer House Bed and Breakfast
• 3 large bedrooms - 2 with ensuites and the other with private facilities
• A large, warm and sunny conservatory
• Three guest lounges
• Sunny balconies and relaxing private outdoor areas
• Idyllic garden setting
• Collection of antiques, art and artifacts
- including Moroccan lighting and Persian rugs.
• Plasma TV (SKY)
• Full cooking facilities for home cooking
• Laundry facilities
• Phone, fax and email access
• Off street parking
• Complimentary wine
• Complimentary Continental Breakfast (included in tariff)
• Smoke free environment
• Visa, Mastercard and American Express accepted.
- Hosts: Jackie and Charles Bruning
- Address: 75 Queen Street, Westport, NZ
- Guest Rooms: 3 large bedrooms,
2 with ensuites, 1 with private facilities
- Tariff: $195 (NZD) per night
per couple and includes Continental Breakfast.
(Discount on stays of more than two nights)
Winter Weekend Special:
During the months of May, June and July, stay 3 nights and get your 3rd night free!
- *Special winter rates are available from April - Sept 2012.
- Enquire about our long term rates.
- Venue hire is available on request.
- Meals: Continental Breakfast, full cooking facilities are available.
- Other: Visa, Mastercard and
American Express accepted.
What to Expect, Westport, New Zealand
"Dearest Paul, We are truly amazed that you have so warmly and generously invited us into your home. You have done the most amazing job with decorating this stunning place. We feel so welcome and more than comfortable here. Jackie & Charlie are magnificent and it was wonderful to have such a wealth of knowledge of the history of Westport. Thank-you."
-Peter & Debbie Knowles, Vancouver, Canada
"We came for a night, stayed for three, wished it could be more. We had a lovely time in a beautiful place, but just as much the warm welcome and the hospitality and pleasant company of Charles & Jackie, we will always remember you."
-Glenys & David James, Cardiff, Wales
"Thanks so much for your hospitality and friendliness! The house is great, but you guys make all the difference."
- Matt Clark/Alice Bishop, UK Bristol
Links for Archerhouse, Westport Bed and breakfast
Find out more about our Westport Accommodation with convivial hospitality reminiscent of an English style inn. Westport boasts lush foliage and our garden makes Archer House preferable to any West Coast hotel.